Awesome opportunity for a Technical Writer! Our client is seeking a talented Technical Writer to join their team. Though this is a remote opportunity, the client is ideally seeking a resource based on the East Coast. While the client is looking for a temporary writer, permanent employment may be an option for the right candidate!
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Review Requests For Proposal (RFP) and identify information required for proposal text (i.e. technical volume) and work closely with the Office of Proposal Management (OPM) and Technical Leads to prepare and finalize proposals.
- Prepare text for proposals, rebids and related documents. Develop/create original content for use in winning proposals. Research, organize and edit existing material and creatively and effectively utilize for use in new proposal efforts.
- Advise Proposal and Business Development Management on best approaches, analyzing GPHS strengths and weaknesses specific to the requirements in the RFP document.
- Leverage internal and external resources in support of solutions specific to each proposal.
- Apply critical thinking to ensure solutions meet the customer’s needs and are within GPHS capabilities.
- Represent the Office of Proposal Management in preliminary Business Development discussions with internal and external team members or other strategy meetings, actively participating in proposal strategy meetings to discuss win themes, discriminators, solutions, pricing.
- Critically evaluate input and/or submissions from internal and external team members to ensure accuracy of all proposal communications.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team as well as technical and subject matter experts to gain an appropriate understanding of the offerings and proposed strategy to ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key win themes, our unique value proposition and differentiators against our competition.
- Develop strategy and coordinate information collection from internal and external resources for GPHS approach and solutions, either as part of a group or, when requested, autonomously.
- Perform as primary writer with control of quality, content, readability, compliance with requirements, accuracy, persuasiveness, and final appearance of the proposal production process.
- Independently research scientific and clinical operations procedures and concepts, thereby augmenting proposals through the demonstration of an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs and the Company’s ability to bring innovative solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of various proposal processes or subject matter such as technical solutions, management approaches, QA/QC methodologies, technical narratives and staffing approaches.
- Maintains a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
Technical Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required; Masters level degree preferred.
- Two or more years direct experience in Proposals in the Health Care or Clinical Research Industry, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience as a technical writer for U.S. government proposal and a basic understanding of the proposal capture process of the Federal Government.
- Proficient in clear, concise writing with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to various types of readers in a compelling manner.
- Possess strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented while managing multiple proposal deadlines and activities, with often-times competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work to a high level of quality under a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment.
- Willing to work flexible schedules as required, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient in analyzing and interpreting RFPs and Protocols. Formal training in structured proposal development a plus.
- Ability to influence and gain commitment of proposal team in order to achieve a winning submission.
- Proficient skill in the Microsoft Word & Adobe suite of products.
- Experience with proposal development software such as Xait, Qvidian, etc.
- Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication and accountability to thrive in the dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of corporate training.
About this company
The BOSS Group is an award-winning creative staffing agency matching top-level creative, marketing and digital talent with companies nationwide.
Location/Region: Research Triangle Park, NC (27709)