Job ID 85370 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Medical Center’s new high-tech inpatient pharmacy is raising the bar on safety and quality patient care, while serving all of our inpatient and infusion patients. Our acute care pharmacy supports advanced clinical practices while retaining the highest level quality in the review, preparation, and dispensing of all medications. The over 12,000 square foot pharmacy was designed with a focus on enabling the advancement of pharmacy services by utilizing the best available technology to promote patient safety, security and best practices. The pharmacy also includes industry leading compounding facilities in both the non-sterile and sterile environments also utilizing technology to ensure the highest level of safety for our patients.
Join our pharmacy and experience the region’s model for pharmacy workflow and patient safety.What you will do
Pharmacy Technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department
Employee is expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate knowledge and understanding of Baystate Medical Center/Baystate Health (BH) Pharmacy Services. This knowledge includes the values, policies, and procedures of BMC/BH and BH Pharmacy Services.
- Serves as a representative of the department both inside and outside of the Pharmacy and Hospital and must adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations..
- responsible for supporting dispensing and restocking functions from the central pharmacy to patient care areas utilizing automated inventory dispensing machines (e.g. carousel) and cabinets (e.g. Pyxis machines) as well as various medication trays and carts.
- Drug Distribution
- Dedication to Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Customer Service & Teamwork
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care, including a thorough understanding of drug distribution workflows focusing on medication safety, quality and value; and participation in quality improvement initiatives.
What You Will Need
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). or NHA Technician certification
Additional skills required:
- Possesses good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Understands the principles of staff engagement;
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred;
- Ability to work independently; Demonstrated math skills.
What You Need to Know:
Important Transfer Information
- Night shift position - 10hr shifts (8pm-630am)
Rotating every other weekend and holiday
All Baystate Health transfers are contingent upon receiving a successful reference from your current supervisor and approval from Health Services which may include a drug screen. Transfers may also require verification of additional credentials, a driving record check, a national background check or other employment or background verifications. An authorized Human Resources representative or the hiring manager may review your human resources file if you are selected as the finalist for a position. Internal applicants must meet all requirements and qualifications of the job posting. This position may be part of the Caregiver Identification Program. Please refer to eWorkplace for details.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA