The following statements are intended to describe the generalnature and level of work being performed. They are not intended tobe construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions,duties and skills required of personnel so classified.Summary:
Ensures all processes, equipment and supporting systems operate totheir maximum effectiveness, within specified safety and costconstraints, and that all products are of the desired quality;performs evaluations and analysis of process related to issues ofintermediate complexity in electronic systems and assemblies;determines and implements corrective actions to improve processes;performs work of high complexity. Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintain methods, operation sequence and optimize processes inthe manufacture or fabrication of parts, components,sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Create all aspects of development, documentation andproduction support from concept through sustaining activities.
- Expand and implement concepts, including Lean Manufacturing,etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase processthroughput; evaluate new materials and supplies in use based onproject scope.
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering and drafting staffin the development of new ideas; reviews current documentationand develop Engineering change Orders (ECO) as required.
- Prepare reports, publishes and makes presentations tocommunicate findings.
- Ensure compliance to design contract specification andschedule.
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety policiesand practices.
- Collaborate in team meetings and LEAN activities, includingSET Team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Applies manufacturing principles and practices to specificprocesses; re-writes processes to correct errors;
- Interacts with outside vendors and companies as necessarybased on project scope; makes presentations to communicateengineering findings.
- Performs work of high complexity.
(The following qualifications can beacquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/orvocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Ten (10) years of related experience with extensive workingknowledge of electronics manufacturing, including all phases ofproduct development cycle, design for manufacturing assessmentand produceability; Bachelor of Science degree in ManufacturingEngineering, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Engineering,Physics or related discipline, required;
- Leadership skills: ability to persuade, influence and leadcolleagues; ability to apply situational leadership in the workenvironment;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages bytelephone, in person, electronically and in writing; askquestions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability toread, interpret and comprehend complex written technicalpublications; communicate across organizational levels; abilityto communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way thatinspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environmentusing a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point,Excel and Word software programs at an advance level;
- Math & Analytical skills: advanced mathematical skills,including statistical analysis; review and compare data toidentify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability tocollect, analyze and summarize information to a generalunderstanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complexideas into simple elements;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility andadaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability tomaintain confidentiality; work with the vast array ofinformation gathered during elicitation and analysis and to copewith rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactiveand positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and befully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviorsand conversations to what matters most; bring out the best inothers and recognize the value in every person’s contributions;ability to work independently and as a team member.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA