The data integrity manager utilizes technical skills and customer service aptitude to provide leadership to member services and membership operations for ACUI and other managed associations. This full-time exempt position will serve as the primary contact to staff for AMS training and process improvements; support staff and members through completing data maintenance and analysis; support accounts receivable; create event registrations; and improve the member service experience.
- Serve as the Association Management System (AMS) primary point of contact for staff—mitigating technical issues, improving process efficiencies, and creating reports and work flows
- Manage regular audits to maintain data integrity in the AMS, documenting standard operating procedures
- Design and present training to increase staff understanding of the AMS and customer service procedures
- Manage membership operations for ACUI and other managed associations, including creating dues items, processing membership applications, and maintaining membership rosters
- Oversee the member service experience, including directing the member services team, creating online event registrations, reporting system issues, and fixing information errors
- Manage and analyze information for data benchmarking member resource tool
- Oversee all incoming payments and conduct regular audits of accounts receivables, including supporting staff in the implementation of procedures for invoicing and collections at events and for other services
- Play a critical role in fulfilling the IACLEA management contract, serving as a primary contact in managing the daily operations with IACLEA staff
- Over time this position may be modified due to changes with how ACUI operates, program growth or decline, or the need to assist other Association programs or projects
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately; for full consideration, apply by June 7.