Are you the kind of person who is hungry to make that deal? Do you thrive in helping your team win? Are you a tech junkie? You sound like one of us. Click the Apply button now and start your journey.
The Call Center Representative will be responsible for generating and growing revenue by recommending optimal print and digital packages to commercial and private party customers. They will have daily communication with private party and commercial clients by making outbound calls and receiving some inbound calls also. This position processes and verifies customer accounts and pricing, sales and/or change orders and resolves routine issues or escalates to sales management. Activities include cross-functional administrative and customer service support across multiple platforms.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS from an accredited four-year college/university or telephone sales relevant experience
- Knowledge and passion for digital advertising
- Prior sales experience in and knowledge of industry
- Experience with needs-based selling
- Effective telephone presentation skills.
- Proven success of increasing sales in a competitive marketplace
- CRM sales management software experience with a leading platform, salesforce.com preferable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -- written and verbal
- Strong team player
- Assertive, goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Working knowledge of advertising products, including print and online, video and email.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Mactive Suite highly desirable.
- Ability to accurately handle multiple simultaneous activities and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all times with external and internal customers.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technology, including Wave 2.
Alabama Media Group is a digitally-focused news and information company that combines quality journalism from The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times, Mobile's Press-Register and The Mississippi Press with the up-to-the-minute access of AL.com. Alabama Media Group provides innovative ways to inform, connect and empower the people of Alabama in the communities we serve.
Alabama Media Group is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35203)