Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, exempt classified Administrative Services Manager A in the Information Technology (IT) Services department. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating and controlling all administrative services for the college's IT department.Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CIO and the IT department.
• Assist in formulating and improving the administrative policies of the department.
• Prepare and maintain administrative, department, and executive-level reports and records.
• Analyze and implement strategies to continually improve administrative functions of the department.
• Develop, evaluate, interpret, and apply administrative and information technology policies, processes, and procedures within the department and on behalf of the college as a whole.
• Audit and approve requisitions, travel, professional development, payroll and general expenses for accuracy and compliance with department policies.
• Coordinate and maintain communications with other departments.
• Manage project deadlines, reports, and presentations.
• Manage shared web sites (ex. Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, teams etc.) for the department, the IT committees, and project teams.
• Manage and evaluate the annual IT equipment inventory audit.
• Maintain, update, and edit IT equipment inventory database.
• Manage the IT equipment relocation/surplus process.
• Manage the storage of IT equipment and its distribution within the department.
• Monitor and facilitate IT equipment replacement plans for individuals and departments.
• Ensure that technical staff understand and comply with policies and procedures.
• Act as technical consultant for faculty and staff regarding hardware and software standards and provide cost estimates/quotes.
• Serve as the department expert for the college's purchasing processes and software system.
• Participate in budget preparation; develop budget estimates; monitor budget status and expenditures; analyze financial constraints and timelines.
• Prepare grant or contract proposals in conjunction with the budget process.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field; relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Experience: One year of administrative and/or supervisory experience.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups and individuals.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local policies, procedures and practices applicable to the area of assignment.
• Working Independently: Experience meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Organizational Skills: Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, word, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams etc.), and windows computer systems.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to understand and follow broad and complex instructions; exercise considerable judgment and take initiative.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. Salary/Benefits: Starting Salary: $3,342/month Range: 46 Code: 00106EBenefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver. Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications completed and submitted online by November 5, 2018. REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105. DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901. SECURITY
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work. CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office. Clark College Human ResourcesOctober 25, 201818-00116
Location/Region: Vancouver, WA (US - 98663)