Energy Management Specialist Lead - Research Facilities Services
Arizona State University
Research Facilities Services
To be determined
DAYS AND SCHEDULE
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Facilities Development and Management, Research Facilities Services, seeks an Energy Management Specialist Lead to lead assigned staff, problem solving and ownership of issues until resolution is found, and perform repairs, operations, and programming of building automation systems.
- Utilize the campus' energy information system to diagnose and troubleshoot building inefficiencies and make recommendations for repairs.
- Utilize computer (primarily Johnson Control and Phoenix Control software, but not limited to other third party control systems) to operate plant and building automation systems.
- Calibrate, replace, and repair field controllers, temperature/humidity sensors, and valves.
- Utilize hand tools (wire strippers, screw drivers, pliers, wrenches, volt amp meter, temperature/humidity calibrator) and power tools (drill).
- Assign and inspect work in progress to insure its completion within allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards.
- Utilize computers (e.g. Johnson Controls and Phoenix Control software) to operate plant automation systems. Answer trouble calls.
- Work in extreme and varying temperatures, confined spaces (tunnels, manholes, vaults), and intense noise environments.
- Lift and carry objects above shoulder up to 50 pounds.
- Drive University vehicle and/or cart to job site.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential functions.
Seven years; experience with building automation systems, which includes one year in a lead role; OR, six years; experience in energy management or building automation systems field, which includes one year of lead experience and completion of a related technical training program equivalent to one OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may require Chloroflourocarbons Certification upon employment. Employee must possess a valid US Driver’s license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment.
- Automation systems and process controls
- Network administration and server support
- Programming of building automation systems and equipment (i.e. JCI Metasys, Emerson ROC, Aircuity, Emerson Delta V, and/or Phoenix Lab Controls)
- Process control calibration
- Control valve replacement
- Mechanical systems operation and diagnostics
- Electrical systems operation and diagnostics
- Air side ventilation systems operation and diagnostics
- Process systems operation and diagnostics
- Refrigerant side systems operation and diagnostics
- Providing customer service
- Work in extreme and varying temperatures, restricted movements, confined spaces (tunnels, manholes, vaults), and intense noise. Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds is required.
- Work off ladders to download/upload field controls and relocate/install thermostats.
- Wear personal protective equipment (e.g. safety glasses, face shield, gloves).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seeks candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the Tempe campus.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment to include asbestos worker clearance, respiratory clearance questionnaire and respiratory fit test.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license upon employment and maintain throughout employment. A Department of Motor Vehicle search will be conducted. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of all background, including fingerprint checks.
This position requires working a rotating on-call/stand-by schedule and may include nights, weekends and holidays.
This position is dependent on the continuation on funding from a specific source other than state appropriations. As such, this position may terminate when the funding is no longer available.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#46905BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3644773_5494
Location/Region: Tempe, AZ (US - 85287)