The Dufresne Spencer Group, the largest owner of Ashley Furniture HomeStores, has an immediate opening for a Furniture Showroom Floor Support - Merchandise Handler. We offer generous vacation packages, employee furniture discounts, multiple healthcare options, premium discounts, employee perks packages, 401(k), and other great benefits.
Floor Support is responsible for loading, unloading, assembling, and placing furniture as well as other minor maintenance duties within the store.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Placing furniture products on the showroom floor as specified by the VPM
- Loading and unloading customer purchases
- Receiving furniture shipments
- Assembling furniture as needed
- Assisting with organizing the showroom
- Maintaining the back room storage area in a neat and orderly manner
- Completing inventory paperwork
- Climbing ladders and hanging accessories or pictures
- Changing out light bulbs and other minor maintenance work
- Understanding and maintaining all safe work practices and rules
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to safely move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, climb, and walk frequently
- Demonstrates a customer focus
For more information and to apply directly to our company site go to www.dsgjobs.com.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is the number one selling furniture brand in North and South America with more than 500 stores world-wide and the number one furniture and bedding retailer in the US. Ashley Furniture HomeStores exclusively offer style, quality and value at price points by exclusively offering the Ashley furniture line up to our valued guests. The Dufresne Spencer Group (DSG) is the fastest growing Ashley Furniture HomeStore lincensee with 38 stores across 9 states! Ashley Furniture Industries, the licensor of Ashley Furniture HomeStores, provides a full service approach to their products, with in-house design, manufacturing and transportation to offer customers value and quality.
Location/Region: Lexington, KY (US)