Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. We are excited to bring on board a forward-thinking and organized Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff to help keep the office of the CEO running smoothly. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to be highly impactful to the success of the organization. You’ll be a great fit if you are engaging, fast-moving and very productive, with excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone just starting their career to learn within a Fortune 200 company and be at the center of the action. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Make travel arrangements
- Assist with scheduling
- Take notes on calls and in meetings
- Manage files and documents
- Process expense reports
- Coordinate with teams across the organization
- Act as gatekeeper for the Executive office
- Perform research and special projects, as needed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- A "no job is too big or too small" attitude
- An "always-on" approach to work and your availability
- Strong organizational skills with an extraordinary ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality surrounding company materials and information
- Ability to type at least 70 words per minute due to the pace and volume of prioritized work (80+ wpm is highly desirable); we encourage you to review and practice your typing skills throughout your application process
It’d be great if you also have:
- 6 months of experience in a corporate environment, including relevant internship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Ability to travel occasionally on business as needed
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About this company
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global logistics provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The company operates as a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets in 32 countries, with 1,540 locations and approximately 100,000 employees. XPO uses its network to help more than 50,000 customers manage their goods most efficiently throughout their supply chains. XPO's corporate headquarters is in Greenwich, Conn., USA, and its European headquarters is in Lyon, France.