The primary purpose of this position is to perform the opening and closing procedures, routine safety checks, and address policy adherence for the Reily Student Recreation Center. This position is empowered to enforce policy with both student staff and patrons, as necessary. They are to provide first responder skills as needed according to the building Emergency Response Procedures. Attendance at biweekly meetings with supervisor is required. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to: daily peer supervision, giving facility tours to prospective members, ongoing communication with student staff, ongoing communication with the Assistant Director of Informal Recreation, providing customer service to patrons and campus departments, and assisting with the setup, execution, and breakdown of special events for both on- and off-campus groups. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to exhibit time management skills
- Ability to critically think and exercise decision-making skills
- Ability to exercise leadership skills and effectively perform during crisis management
- Ability to exercise fiscal integrity and accuracy with cash deposits
- Ability to hold a current CPR/FA/AED certification on file with the department of Campus Recreation
- Ability to work at least 2 breaks during the academic year and 9 hours/week
Required Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 semesters employed with the Department of Campus Recreation
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA