The Informal Recreation Attendant acts in three capacities: facility maintenance, fitness advising, and policy enforcement. IR Attendants are responsible for upholding the cleanliness of the facility, including keeping spaces clean and organized, refilling gym wipes, performing hourly counts, and re-racking weights. They serve as informational resources for matters relating to general fitness, including form, how to use machines, and spotting. Lastly, they supervise exercise spaces and enforce policies to ensure the safety and security of our patrons.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
Required Education and/or Experience
- Must be 16 years or older
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of weight room etiquette and equipment
- Knowledge of proper exercise form and technique
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA