Engineering Technician I/II/III
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for an Engineering Technician I, II, or III Level in the Development Services Department. Starting wage is $19.62 - $27.29 hourly, DOQ.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Engineering Technician reviews commercial and residential developments for compliance with ACHD policies and standards.
- Also performs plan, stormwater, and subdivision plat reviews, assists inspection staff, and provides oral and written communication of results within a strict deadline. The incumbent answers inquiries from the public, developers, engineers, and other agencies.
- Engineering Tech I: The ability to read civil plans is required. A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field is a plus. Previous development review experience is preferred, but not required.
Engineering Tech II: Requires 2 years of experience.
Engineering Tech III: Requires 3-5 years of experience.
- The position requires a working knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply policies and standards to documents and plans.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of ArcView or other mapping software is a plus. A valid Idaho driver’s license is required.
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on January 23, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
About this company
Established in 1972 as an independent government entity, the Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is responsible for all short-range planning, construction, maintenance, operations, rehabilitation and improvements to Ada County's urban streets, rural roadways (excluding state highways) and bridges. Geographically, the Districts jurisdiction includes Boise, Eagle, Garden City, Kuna, Meridian, Star and the unincorporated areas of Ada County; it is the only consolidated countywide highway district in the State of Idaho
Location/Region: Garden City, ID (US - 83714)