Full scope management of Bumble Bee’s Shelf Stable Value Add Tuna & Canned Salmon Seafood products, including P&L, forecasting, inventory, pricing, trade promotions, new product development, line extensions, trade marketing, and strategy.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
· Responsible for delivering Value Added Tuna goals of 1,305mm equivalent cases approximately $106mm net sales, plus Salmon goals of 368mm equivalent cases $28mm net sales
· Responsible for management of product pricing strategy in a dynamic cost environment to deliver profit, volume, and share objectives.
· Train and motivate field sales force, brokers, and customer buyers (at the request of field sales) in understanding Value Added Tuna & Canned Salmon, including product knowledge, selling fundamentals, selling materials, product cuttings, and the execution of marketing programs.
· Responsible for annual plan development at SKU level and working forecasts for Demand Planning and Operations.
· Responsible for review and collaborative approval with Sales of Customer Business Plans in CAS Trade Promotion System consistent with delivery of annual company budget objectives.
· Responsible for management of New Item Distribution funds for Value Add Tuna & Salmon, including development of NID strategy in conjunction with Sales, analyzing field requests based on payout levels, budget tracking, and payout analysis after placement is made.
· Direct involvement with demand planning, inventory management and product placement at the warehouse level, including responsibility for setting DSLs by item by warehouse and monitoring inventory levels with Production Planning and the Logistics Department.
· Lead Efficient Product Assortment initiatives including agreement with sales management on items to rationalize, as well as working with field sales to identify outlets for discontinued items.
· Maintain close involvement with Purchasing group and Consumer Marketing in design of packaging and display materials for Value Add & Salmon products, i.e. display shippers, cluster pack trays, etc.
· Responsible for working with Plant Operations, Research & Development, and field sales on product development, specifications, pricing, and labeling.
· Responsible for monitoring overall brand health and competitive activity via consumption data (IRI), panel data, marketplace feedback, custom research, competitive reports, local market economic factors, trade changes and trends and development of strategy to stay best in class competitively.
· Development, communication, and tracking of target share and volume goals for each critical segment, working closely with the Retail Sales Vice Presidents to then allocate to market/region level. Implement corrective actions working in conjunction with RSVPs for markets not chieving share goals.
· Work in conjunction with Consumer Marketing to develop a Marketing Events Calendar for Value Added Tuna, Salmon, and Wild Selecitons portfolios.
· Scope Data - Sales, Budget, Production Volumes, Value of Goods Purchased, Number of Products, Transportation Cost, Customers, Dealers, Brokers, Vendors or related information which describes the size and impact of the position.
Top line sales of $138MM.
Gross Margin of $31MM.
Management of over 100 SKU’s.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Candidate must possess a BS/BA and an MBA would be a plus.
· Looking for 5 to 10 years of packaged goods sales experience with at least 2 years spent in a trade marketing or brand marketing role.
· Retail experience a must and non-grocery (e.g., club, dollar, drug, etc.) a plus. Experience in food products required with seafood products a plus.
· Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment with minimal support and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint Presentations.
· Other characteristics necessary include strong analytical skills, strong negotiation capability, financial savvy, creativitiy, solution and action-oriented, ability to work alone, as well as in teams. Most of all, aggressive with results orientation.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee's mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location/Region: San Diego