• The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing all aspects of a moderately complex information technology project or multiple, medium-scale IT projects. This includes project planning, execution, people management, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost.
• The SPM executes moderately complex information technology projects from the original concept through the final implementation.
• The SPM also establishes and communicates goals and directs team activity.
• The responsibilities of the SPM may also include serving as an expert in project management and consulting for other projects as necessary due to his /her expertise.
• The SPM adheres to the established project management methodology and standards while carrying out their responsibilities.
• This includes applying project management and systems development lifecycle processes to medium to large scale information technology projects.
• The SPM also ensures that the projects are aligned with IT standards and strategies.
ASSESSMENT & SELECTION:
• Prioritize and approve projects. Estimate the impact of new or modified services in terms of cost, capacity, contingency, infrastructure, and one-time versus ongoing resources.
• Conduct feasibility studies and confirm resulting business unit decisions.
• Consult with senior leadership to ensure strategic alignment of projects with multiple business unit’s strategy and objectives.
• Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scopes, risk assessments, budgets and IT Value (ROI, IRR) discussions.
• Lead or independently asses inter-project dependencies, key stakeholders and gauge the financial impact and risk of the project. Work Planning and Resource Management
• Lead efforts around project plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports for all aspects of the project.
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of business perspective work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc.) for complex projects spanning multiple business units, suppliers and vendors.
• Manage internal and external (vendor) resources in a matrixed or direct mode within a distributed environment. Select and negotiate Statement of Work with vendors and suppliers; approve deliverables and payments.
• Provide appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
• Coach and mentor project team members on best practices, including solution delivery and IT value.
• Provide input around the hiring, supervising, training and promotion of candidates as needed. Delivery and Monitoring
• Lead medium to large scale IT projects for a business unit within time, budget and specification constraints.
• Demonstrate competency in coordinating all aspects of a large, complex project involving multiple IT disciplines. Coordinate projects with other on-going efforts.
• Manage the scope change process and issue identification /resolution with all stakeholders.
• Serve as the interface between IT projects and business units to ensure collaboration and coordination between all stakeholders.
• Monitor and communicate status and incorporate feedback from stakeholders. Communicate and incorporate feedback from customers.
• Craft and implement communication plans requiring cultural change within the organization.
• Identify and anticipate risks and issues. Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation to senior management.
• Define quality standards and ensure compliance.
EXPERIENCE: Typically has 7-10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects in multiple technologies and functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields. Or equivalent work experience.
• Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.