Contributes to the achievement of the hospital's mission through the development and leadership of clinical quality improvement and patient safety initiatives for the UH Seidman Cancer Center (UH SCC) system-level service line. The Director sets the strategy and provides a roadmap for high standards of quality across the UH SCC. This Director performs also as key member of the Quality Institute leadership and management team.
- Creates and directs all aspects of the UH SCC system service line comprehensive Quality and Patient Safety Program including identifying, leading, and facilitating the development and enhancement of performance improvement processes that can be applied to cancer care across the UH System.
- Operational Leadership oversight for the Seidman Cancer Center Cancer Registry, Tumor Conferences, and Disease Site Quality/Disease Team Leaders.
- Performs as core member of the Quality Institute's leadership team.
- Directs ongoing accreditation readiness activities for the UH SCC for The Joint Commission/CMS/ODH, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, Quality Oncology Practice Initiative, Magnet, and others. Makes recommendations to UH SCC and UHCMC senior leadership regarding the pursuit of additional accreditations for cancer care.
- Develops, utilizes, and applies appropriate metrics, quantitative and qualitative measures to establish benchmarks and best practices aimed at improving UH SCC performance in patient safety and clinical quality outcomes in collaboration with both the Institute and UH SCC administrative, nursing, and physician leadership.
- Accountable for ongoing professional development and growth; stays current with quality standards and best practices at the national, regional, and local levels.
- 10 years of clinical experience in an academic medical setting with at least 5 years in oncology care
- 3 years quality, patient safety, and project management experience in academic medical setting
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory or Management experience including direct reports strongly preferred. Demonstrated management & effective leadership skills required
- Master's degree in related field (MSN, MBA, MH) required or achieved within 2yrs of hire.
- RN licensure in the State of Ohio strongly preferred; RN, Pharmacist, OT/PT or RRT required
- Certification in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Medicare/Joint Commission standards and other regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Proven fiscal management abilities including budgetary control, and expense reduction
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to gather and assess data and generate meaningful strategies for problem resolution
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare quality trends, finances, provision of care and health care delivery system, public-reporting, and accreditations
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (44101)