First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Participates in the development, configuration and maintenance of software code for business applications.
- May develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts
- Report to management on the status of project efforts, identify issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implement corrective actions.
- Participate and contribute to middleware operational activities
- Administration, Installation, and support of middleware suite of products
- Non-Production Support including Identification, diagnosis, and remediation or escalation of operational issues
Supervision Received or Extended
- Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these processes.
- Works under general supervision of more experienced team members and/or manager.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experience in implementing business applications using Visual Studio for API creation and maintenance. Experience with TFS and Git for code repository/revisioning.
- Having hands-on experience in application integration.
- Must have hands-on experience in developing SOAP and RESTful web services as well as testing/compliance validation of vendor partner connections to the APL.
- Proficient using SOAPUI or other tools
- Experience in developing workflow solution
- Working understanding of XML programming (transformations, schema definitions, etc.) and W3C standards.
- Strong understanding of issues around integration real-time synchronous and asynchronous integration.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years directly related experience
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: West Hills, CA