Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center at Bridgewater is a flagship skilled nursing and post acute facility of Bridgeway Senior healthcare, a family owned and operated healthcare provider located in Somerset County, New Jersey. Bridgeway has been caring for the health and well-being of seniors in the area since 1981 and the facility is the proud recipient of many local, state and national awards Most notably, Bridgeway at Bridgewater is listed as one of NJ Top Work Places of 2020, named the Number 1 Nursing Home in NJ by Newsweek, has received Best Nursing Home distinction from US News and World Report, has been named Best Place for Physical Therapy by Courier News readers, and has earned a Bronze Quality Award from the American Health Association. As a leader in the senior care industry, Bridgeway strives to foster an environment where residents and staff alike are treated like family in a facility that feels like home. Individually and together, Bridgeway employees are dedicated to Bridgeway's mission every day to positively impact patients' lives.
Bridgeway is interviewing for the* Business Office Manager/Director position. *This is a key position within the organization and is responsible for managing a small team in the Business Office. This individual must demonstrate effective communication and managerial skills with direct reports. This role requires a self-starter; someone who will take initiative and stand out as a leader in the department.
- Serve as a key leader in the department monitoring, directing, and serving as a mentor to existing staff
- Assist and participate in the entry of journal entries to the accounting system
- Accounts Receivable management; posting cash, adjustment postings, resident refunds
- Monitor and reconcile Resident Trust and Security Deposit accounts; this includes deposits and disbursements
- Prepare weekly statement of cash flows and monitor AP Distributions accordingly
- Accounts Payables review and monitoring, including proper GL coding
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist and respond to resident inquiries and/or concerns, as necessary
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Bridgeway’s standards regarding privacy
· Other Critical Attributes:
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of accounting practices, month end close processes and all associated reporting
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems
- Long Term Care Industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Point Click Care or similar software
- Experience with RFMS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable experience
- Experience as a Staff Accountant
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to interact with all departments within the company
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel plus general Accounting Software.
About this company
Since 1981, Bridgeway Senior Healthcare has been committed to caring for seniors. We are a family-owned and operated senior living healthcare provider with campuses in Bridgewater and Hillsborough, New Jersey. By caring for individuals like members of our own families, Bridgeway Senior Healthcare has earned a reputation for providing loving, first-class care and the trust and respect of the community. Bridgeway was recently named a Top Workplace in NJ for 2020 based on employee surveys. Come join our winning team!
Location/Region: Bridgewater, NJ