This job is located in Los Angeles, CA. Relocation package is available. Pet Orphans of Southern California is a non-profit organization. We rescue cats and dogs from kill shelters from all over southern California. We have our own veterinary clinic, but the organization also offers grooming, professional pet photography, adoptions and fostering.
Currently, we are looking to hire someone for a minimum to start three days per week (Mon., Wed., Thurs.). We are not opposed to more days in the coming months. We once had a VERY thriving clinic, and with the right doctor, the team here can accomplish greatness together.
Here are some of the things we offer our doctors, when they agree to come on board with Pet Orphans of Southern California. We like to make sure our doctor has everything he/she/they needs to also be successful. Here is our package:
- We will pay to renew your VMB/DEA licenses.
- We pay for the premise permit renewal.
- We provide you with adequate professional staff, so that you have a team you can count on to assist you. This team includes a clinic manager, customer service liaison, an R.V.T., a vet assistant, 1-2 volunteers and a parking lot attendant.
- Flexible scheduling that fits your lifestyle.
- As the Veterinarian, YOU control the medical decisions made at the clinic. It's an opportunity to have the title of Medical Director of the Clinic.
- Whatever additional services and pets you are capable of providing, outside of the basic spay/neuters and cats/dogs, we can promote your skills and abilities.
- We will promote and advertise you as the new face of the clinic, if you agree.
- We offer great benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, the company pays 80%, with multiple plans to choose from.
- We offer a two weeks, paid vacation first year, no accrual. Second year accrued
- 5 paid sick days per year.
- 2 paid PTO days.
- We pay all for national holidays.
- We are closed 2 days for Thanksgiving, 3 days for Christmas.
- We give Annual Bonuses in December.
- We have an annual Holiday Party every December.
- You will receive a Corporate Company Credit Card.
- We allocate $1500 per year for seminars/conventions.
- You receive one parking space inside our lot.
- You will receive your private office.
- Very competitive salary, and as we grow, your rate will also grow.
- Relocation package TBD
- 45 minute lunch break.
- Help design the construction of a new clinic in 2021
In return, we ask from you: a one year commitment from start date.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the company and the clinic in the professional community and to the general public.
Based on our previous successes (pre-COVID), there is serious potential to expand and grow. If you are looking to be a part of something great, something more than just a job, a career with purpose and a love of what you, then this is definitely an offer worth considering.
Pet Orphans is a great company and we have thrived for over 47 years.
Location/Region: Van Nuys, CA (91406)