The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will provide financial business partnering support to the Immunoglobulin (IG) and BioTherapeutic functions of the US Immunology Franchise. This role is responsible for the accurate and timely financial management reporting of marketed products and associated commercial resourcing. This role offers an exciting opportunity for a detailed, intellectually curious, and analytical minded candidate with experience dealing with ambiguity. Key customers include US Immunology Finance team and members of the US Immunology Commercial team. This role will be based in Lexington, MA but will ultimately move to Cambridge, MA in late 2018.
% of Time
Job Function and Description
Reporting / Analysis
- Analyze the accuracy of financial results, determine variance drivers and write performance commentary.
- Actively monitor sales performance including relevant KPIs and highlight trends.
- Liase with US Market Access and Revenue Accounting teams in support of gross-to-net calculations.
- Manage operational expense budgets and provide visibility to financial targets.
- Demonstrate proficiency of technical tools and financial systems
- Identify and execute upon process improvement opportunities.
Forecasting / Planning
- Develop financial models and analytical tools to support Franchise objectives, projects and business plans.
- Support sales and marketing leads to prepare annual operating expense budgets.
- Identify risks and opportunities to plans and model key sensitivity scenarios.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors Degree in an accounting / financial discipline is required, with more than 3 years of working experience.
- Experience with management reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting is required.
- Pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Should have a strong understanding of accounting and finance principles and financial modeling.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with global business partners and the facility to explain financial concepts to the non-financial manager.
- Self-confidence, initiative and ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and efficient processes to ensure high standards of accuracy and consistency of data.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including Excel modeling, and experience creating presentations in PowerPoint is required.
- Hyperion Financial Management / Hyperion Planning knowledge preferred.
- Previous experience with SAP R3, BW and JDE is desired.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Makes recommendations and presents solutions on financial issues to senior US Immunology commercial and financial management.
- Advises management of financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Creates a best in class management reporting function.
- Identifies important trends and make recommendations on issues to senior management as part of the recurring monthly reporting process.
Internal and External Contacts
- This position reports directly to the US Immunology Lead Finance Business Partner.
- This position needs to work collaboratively with all members of the US Immunology Franchise, including the Finance team, US Market Access (managed markets), Technical Operations (supply chain), Global Product Strategy and other Finance functions.
Other Job Requirements
Occasional short-term travel for conferences, training or development opportunities.
Location/Region: Lexington, MA