Title: Day Program Leader
Reports To: Day Program Supervisor
Basic Functions: Day program Leader shares the responsibility for and assist the Day Program Supervisor with overall operations and quality of the Day Program. Will provide the opportunity for consumer to improve in life skills, develop behavior management techniques, integrate into the community and participate in recreation activities on sire and in local community. The Day Program Leader will supervise/teach consumers self- care, social skills, activities in the community and daily living skill, as well as behaviors shaping.
Training All Day Program staff must successfully complete the mandatory DDD trainings: Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, CPR & First Aid, The Open Door NJ’s New Hire Orientation, Agency’s approved training on handling Life-Threatening Emergencies/ Danielle’s Law and other professionally based training deemed necessary by The Open Door NJ.
Must be at least 18 years old
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Clearance of Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License valid in the state of NJ with a good driver’s history
Clearance of work Physical and PPD
Previous experience working with person with developmental disabilities is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training opportunity for consumer in area of personal awareness
- Demonstrate sound judgement in decisions regarding consumer
- Observe persons served and report on their performance, develop, implement and monitor appropriate goals/plans and objectives to promote the independence of the consumers
- Provide direct support and supervision to consumers in the day program and in community
- Transport consumer utilizing agency vehicles
- Administer and record the administration of medication/or assist with consumers who are approved to be self-medicating in accordance with DDD guidelines
- Assist the consumers with community outings and recreational activities
- Provide support, training and personal services based on the needs of the consumer, which may include toileting, feeding, maintaining hygiene, grooming and hand on physical assistance
- Provide assistance with socialization skills, cooking, shopping, educational skills: ie: math, reading, writing, spelling and vocabulary
- Provide a clean, safe and accessible environment at all times
- Completion of daily, weekly and monthly paperwork that is necessary for overall operations of the program
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Cooperate with licensing and department inspections or investigations
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Maintain positive and open communication with supervisor, peers and participants
- Acts as an advocate and role model for consumers in employment and social interactions within the day program and/or community
- Acts as a liaison between day program and citizens/businesses in the community during recreational and/or vocational activities
- Builds a support network between the consumers and community
- Understands and implements current state licensing rules and regulations , agency policies and procedures and protection of the individual participants rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure consumer are always supervised and attended to
Location/Region: Manchester, NJ