First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
The Senior Software Solution Architect works with the required Infrastructure, Application Development and Information Security teams to design and implement Cloud-based solutions to support First American's migration to the Cloud. This role requires solid knowledge of application development, knowledge of cloud services in general (AWS/Azure/Google), and expert in at least one of the cloud (AWS/Azure/Google) platforms. Ability to design highly scalable, stateless, cloud native applications. The ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas / topics to non-technical audiences as well as technical personnel. Open to learning new technologies with a passion for designing high quality software.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, product managers, and product owners to understand and maintain a high level understanding of the current and upcoming requirements for the system
- Understand and communicate the nonfunctional requirements for the system
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
- Develop and maintain whatever models and documentation are necessary to describe how the system does what it is intended to do, including recommended domain and use case models
- Define and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
- Present the technological vision of the solution during planning, provide domain models and exemplary use cases that describe larger system behavior, and participate actively in interactively during the planning process
- Champion change by serving as a resource to help teams make appropriate system and component level design decisions during implementation
- Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of applications programming.
- Research, design, write, test and implement complex software applications and systems
- Provide practical, actionable approaches to overcoming technical and procedural challenges in implementing strategy.
- Lead Architecture governance.
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction affecting multiple groups/business units.
- Provide leadership by instructing, mentoring and training team members within and outside the work group.
- Work with other architects to establish common roadmaps in support of upcoming user and business needs
- Interact with and influence senior management on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages (C#) at an expert level
- Solid knowledge of services available in the cloud and leverage them effectively in creating highly scalable, cloud native solution
- Hands-on working knowledge of latest technologies such as Docker, oAuth, Microservices, Kafka, NoSQL
- Hands-on working knowledge of cloud services on AWS / Azure
- Expertise with various computer platforms and application environments (Visual Studio) and automated testing
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications (Cloud Native / Micros services / etc.)
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department and the company
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Presentation skills
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Ability to design complex enterprise level applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 10+ years of directly related experience, with about 3+ years working as a cloud architect.
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA