Applications are now being accepted for General Equipment Operators on the Adams and Cloverdale Grade Crews. There are two (2) full-time positions open with a starting wage of $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the primary duty of this position is to perform skilled work and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which includes dump truck, water truck, roller, loader, jackhammer, and also winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
- This position will repair and replace asphalt on the roadways, including potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance.
Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies are an essential function of this position and may require working any time during the 24-hour day.
- Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Tanker endorsement is required within 90 days of start of employment.
- Experience driving dump truck and loader is required.
- Knowledge of chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance techniques is preferred.
- Or, any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., February 21, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
About this company
Established in 1972 as an independent government entity, the Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is responsible for all short-range planning, construction, maintenance, operations, rehabilitation and improvements to Ada County's urban streets, rural roadways (excluding state highways) and bridges. Geographically, the Districts jurisdiction includes Boise, Eagle, Garden City, Kuna, Meridian, Star and the unincorporated areas of Ada County; it is the only consolidated countywide highway district in the State of Idaho
Location/Region: Garden City, ID (US - 83714)