First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Conducts business process evaluations, interviewing internal and external customers, to gain knowledge of business requirements.
- Identifies problems, defines business process requirements, researches alternatives, negotiates for resources, develops solutions, gains consensus, tests to confirm, and implements solutions over a complete business process.
- Considers the business implications of work flow and processes to the current business environment.
- Create reports; research, analyze, and integrate data to identify and track trends. Adjust project/process direction. Report vital information to management/business partner.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of problems and identifies solutions within application and functional expertise.
- Regularly provides input to and influences department processes and procedures.
- Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional team(s).
- Errors may cause significant delay of process development or poor process development.
- May have significant customer interaction.
Supervision Received or Extended
- May have responsibility of supervision of others
- Mentors and advises less experienced Business Analysts, monitoring project status.
- Sets objectives for project goals and monitors project to achieve those goals.
- Uses expertise of other Business Analysts and team members and leverages a wide range of additional resources to define complex business processes crossing functional areas.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters and lead team to meet business requirements
- Analytical skills
- Has knowledge of general business environment/operation and has general cost benefit awareness
- Business acumen
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 4- 8 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ