Position Responsibilities\Requirements: NOTE : This role can be worked from anywhere in North America so long as the selected candidate is able to travel up to 30% annually.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our team of Professional services experts and learn about and deliver high quality Actuarial services to our Global client base on Prophet related projects. Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. It is used by over 9,000 users, across more than 730 client sites, in more than 65 countries, and this role provides a unique opportunity to become one of the experts in the field and gain exposure to modelling techniques used to help to model firm's financial business.
The Actuarial Senior Consultant will be based in the USA and reporting directly to a Senior Manager / Principal in the Actuarial Professional Services team. As a Senior Consultant, you will be involved in all the following aspects of the role, with the proportion of time spent on each dependent upon the nature of projects and the mix of people in the project team. The travel requirement on average would be around 25-30%. Responsibilities
The main role will be to support the Americas region Actuarial Professional Services team in all the following aspects of the role:
- Join the team of SMEs assisting in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with Prophet liability libraries and the Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) library
- Perform model reviews and draft optimisation reports based on client models
- Design, structure and develop code during client projects as required
- Provide client training to clients (e.g. Introduction to Prophet, DCS, Advanced Coding in Prophet)
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite client assistance may be required for short periods
- Prototyping US Regulatory / IFRS17 models in Prophet
- The ideal candidate would possess a strong interest in modelling using actuarial systems, but they should also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Substantial experience (5 years +) working in a life assurance department or consultancy
- Strong knowledge of the Prophet system or demonstrable equivalent experience, and involvement in key business projects using Prophet. Good working knowledge of the various Prophet components, having created products in at least one of Prophet's actuarial liability libraries and significantly amended products in others.
- An understanding of the Prophet ALS library. You will also have implemented at least four from the following areas of Prophet:
(1) new business processing, (2) calculation looping, (3) rebasing, (4) goal seeking, (5) data grouping, (6) dynamic model point method, (7) in-memory dynamic processing, (8) extended formulas and (9) stochastic modelling
- Familiar with the Data Conversion System (DCS) and Prophet Excel Reporting. It would also be beneficial to have an awareness of potential performance bottlenecks and solutions when using Prophet
- The successful candidate will have a background in life assurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry's regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- USA Regulatory Reporting and PBR
- Solvency II and/or Individual Capital Assessments (ICA)
- Market Consistent Embedded Values (MCEV)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS17)
- Strong verbal and written English language skills, and presentation skills for a client facing role are essential.
The candidate should be making good progress with the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries or Society of Actuaries exams (or equivalent) but this is not essential. Candidates who have given up on exams but meet the knowledge and experience requirements of the role will also be considered, providing they have at least some of the core technical exams.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA