Position Responsibilities\Requirements: NOTE : This role can be worked from anywhere in North America so long as the selected candidate is able to travel up to 30% annually.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our team of Professional services experts and learn about and deliver high quality Actuarial services to our Global customer base on Prophet related projects. Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. It is used by over 9,000 users, across more than 730 customer sites, in more than 65 countries, and this role provides a unique opportunity to become one of the experts in the field and gain exposure to modelling techniques used to help to model firm's financial business.
The Actuarial Senior Manager will be based in the USA and reporting directly to the SVP of the Insurance Risk Professional Services team. As a Senior Manager, you will be involved in all the following aspects of the role, with the proportion of time spent on each dependent upon the nature of projects. You will be expected to be the lead consultant and Prophet actuarial expert on given US client projects, and the travel requirement on average would be around 25-30%. Responsibilities
The main role will be to support the Americas region Actuarial Professional Services team in all the following aspects of the role:
- Lead/Assist in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with liability libraries and the Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) Library, an understanding of the US 360 Prophet library would also be desirable.
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimisation reports based on customer models
- Review the design, structure and development of code during customer projects as required, including the deliverables of other FIS consultants.
- Provide customer training to customers with a focus on the more advanced training courses (e.g. Advanced Coding in Prophet, Introduction to Prophet ALS)
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite customer assistance for meetings and relationship building
- Prototyping US regulatory / IFRS models in Prophet
- Manage and develop the business plan for the Actuarial Professional Services team in the Americas region
- The ideal candidate would possess a strong interest in modelling using actuarial systems, but they should also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Substantial experience (10 years +) working in a life assurance department or consultancy
- Very strong knowledge of the Prophet system or demonstrable equivalent experience, and involvement in key business projects using Prophet. Good working knowledge of the various Prophet components, having created products in at least one of Prophet's actuarial liability libraries and significantly amended products in others.
- Experience with Prophet ALS and preferably some knowledge of all three methods of liability approaches within ALS (i.e. flexing, external and internal). You will also have ideally implemented Prophet code/models in all the following areas:
(1) new business processing, (2) calculation looping, (3) rebasing, (4) goal seeking, (5) data grouping, (6) dynamic model point method, (7) in-memory dynamic processing, (8) extended formulas and (9) stochastic modelling
- Familiar with the Data Conversion System (DCS) and Prophet Excel Reporting. It would also be beneficial to have an awareness of potential performance bottlenecks and solutions when using Prophet
- The successful candidate will have a background in life assurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry's regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of all of the following:
- USA Regulatory Reporting and PBR
- Solvency II and/or Individual Capital Assessments (ICA)
- Market Consistent Embedded Values (MCEV)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS17)
- Experience in, and knowledge of, the business implications and impact on Prophet modelling of the following:
- Profit Testing
- Product Design & Pricing
And at least three of the following:
- Valuation methods, including embedded values and realistic valuations
- Asset / Liability Modelling
- Stochastic Modelling
- Financial Economics and Derivatives
- Analysis of Change / Roll Forward
- Strong verbal and written English language skills, and presentation skills for a client facing role are essential.
The candidate should ideally be qualified with the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries or Society of Actuaries exams (or equivalent) but this is not essential. Candidates who have given up on exams but meet the knowledge and experience requirements of the role will also be considered, providing they have the core actuarial exam subjects and at least some of the specialist subjects.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA