About RestoringVision (RV)
RestoringVision is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to distributing new reading glasses to groups and organizations helping people in need. Since 2003, we have built a network of more than 1,400 partners that have collectively served over 9.5 million people around the world. We offer a simple solution to one of the greatest global health problems.
Director of Development about the position
The Director of Development is a key leadership role within RV; requiring experience in all aspects of fund development: donor cultivation and stewardship, annual and on-line solicitation, major gifts and legacy giving. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with board members, corporate CEOs, foundation executives and other RestoringVision stakeholders and donors.
The Director of Development will build and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors from individuals, private foundations and corporate partners. The Director is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to support RV’s work. This role will have a strong emphasis on discovering and developing new relationships and funding partnerships.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Identify, cultivate and maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors with a focus on those with the ability to give large gifts from a wide range of sources including individuals, corporations, board members and private foundations
- Work with the networks of board members and key volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and maintain relationships with high value donors
- Manage various fundraising and relationship building initiatives with individual donors with a focus on unrestricted gifts, and corporate and foundation donors
- Act as principal donor strategist and devise opportunities for involving the executive director and board members in engaging with prospects and donors through meaningful contacts: calls, visits, briefings, private events, etc.
- Develop and design systems to track solicitation assignments and progress with periodic reporting and review with the executive director, development committee and board
- Be responsible for the gift receipt and recognition process, Salesforce CRM database and online giving programs, gift management systems and reporting
- Impeccable integrity; an entrepreneurial self-starter with experience in building new relationships; strong interpersonal and motivational skills in conveying the mission of RV to senior level leaders from a wide variety of constituencies
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; CFRE certification preferred
- A minimum history of five years of demonstrable success in nonprofit fundraising is required. A pre-existing network of potential donors and/or foundation relationships is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with a persuasive ability
Salary: $85,000 - $90,000
United States, remote position
Job Type: Full-time