San Carlos Irrigation and Drainage District (District) is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the position of General Manager. Ideal candidates will possess a unique combination of education and experience that will allow them to handle the wide range of duties associated with this type of position.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in civil engineering or related field; minimum of ten years of experience as a public administrator of a water entity or related industry with management and supervisory authority. Registration as a professional engineer within the state of AZ is desirable but not required. A successful candidate must also have a good driving record and be able to obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Primary duties of this exempt management position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement short- and long-term planning visions as directed by the Board of Directors;
- Oversee implementation of a $100 million rehabilitation and betterment program of irrigation facilities;
- Interface with District water users and effectively communicate policies/procedures;
- Prepare documents and presentations for the Board of Directors;
- Oversee development of annual budgets and make recommendations to the Board of Directors;
- Provide leadership to staff and opportunities for career development;
- Participate and collaborate in regional activities with other federal, state, tribal, and public entities that will impact the District;
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the Gila River Indian Community, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and the Bureau of Reclamation;
- Inspect quality of work products produced by the District or its consultants; and
- Physical ability to traverse canals and other uneven terrain typically found in an irrigation district.
The District covers approximately 50,000 acres of farm and urbanized lands in the eastern portion of Pinal County and is governed by a nine member Board of Directors. The District operates and maintains about 240 miles of earthen canals, which deliver waters from the Gila River, Central Arizona Project, and groundwater to users stretching from the Town of Florence to the city of Casa Grande.
The District offers an excellent salary and benefits package (DOQ). Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and references that the District may contact to the address shown below, on or before March 9, 2018.
Sally Van Arsdale, Business Manager
San Carlos Irrigation and Drainage District
P.O. Box 218
Coolidge, AZ 85128
Location/Region: Coolidge, AZ (US - 85128)