The Laboratory Information System Analyst is the primary administrator for the laboratory information system (LIS). They manage the LIS database including: implementation of complex tools and workflows, upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows, test activity menu, database tables/master files, and any changes as required. They must also ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies of the laboratory. As workflow demands they will also aid in the analysis and interpretation of laboratory results as part of the routine data review process.
- Science background (MT/MLT preferred) and IT knowledge and experience in maintaining compliance with information technology policies, laboratory policies in CAP, CLIA regulated environments.
- Experienced in integrating clinical diagnostics processes as a senior member of the diagnostics and IT team.
- Management of laboratory data and transmittal to customers/clients.
- Experience with LIS design methodologies, database administration.
- Experience with system validation and documentation practices for a regulated laboratory environment.
- Take ownership of high complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
- Participate in team and cross-team meetings and maintain appropriate meeting records.
- Ability to work with other supporting laboratory and healthcare systems.
- High level Microsoft Office skills.
- Designs, plans, and implements most aspects of database management including data administration, web connectivity, physical structure, logical design, SQL, and SQL applications and overall architecture and database analysis.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve routine technology problems.
- Ability to desire to learn to resolve specialized and advanced technology problems.
- Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline.
- Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and interpret results.
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate.
- Perform data analysis when needed.
Physical Demands and Conditions:
Laboratory environment with exposure to communicable disease or body fluids. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves of others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
About this company
Location/Region: Greenville, SC