Leading Truck and Equipment dealership in South Dakota seeks a strong, hands-on Controller to manage the accounting staff and the financial and accounting systems.
Controller - Job Responsibilities:
- Regularly and accurately reports the financial condition of the total dealership to the General Manger and shareholders.
- Produces analysis to detect potential areas and opportunities for improved company profitability
- Filing of tax & Legal forms
- Cash & expense controls
- Provide management with timely reviews of dealership financial status and progress while providing guidance necessary to produce greater than industry standard return on assets
- Analyze operating results and balance sheet to determine and recommend profit and/or cash flow improvement
- Understand all manufacturers’ program and insure timely and accurate accounting of the same
- Oversees dealership accounting staff and others as assigned
- Reinforces company policies and adheres to all company standards
- Maintains and inspects for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure proper internal controls and infrastructure are in place
- Review the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable, and floor plan payable
- Oversee and improve monthly closing processes
- Support the research & development of business opportunities
- Other miscellaneous administrative and accounting duties as needed
Job Benefits: We provide a positive, professional work environment. Our team members enjoy terrific benefits which include:
- High Potential Earnings!
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation
- Professional, fast paced, fun and friendly work environment
Controller - Job Requirements:
- Require at least 2 years' Controller experience
- Ability to learn and use Dealer Management System required.
- In-depth experience in all areas of retail automotive and equipment dealership accounting including leasing and rental.
- Ability to assume a strong leadership role
- Strong communication, customer service, leadership and organizational skills
- Experience working with management team on financial analysis and expense control
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency with standard business and accounting software platforms including MS Office suite
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting is preferred but not required for the highly experienced candidate; CPA preferred
- A stable and verifiable work history is a must
- Must pass standard company pre-employment screening including physical, drug screen and background check
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to pass
pre-employment testing to include background checks,
MVR, and drug screen.
Location/Region: Sioux Falls, SD