La Quinta is growing and investing in our sales team which means great career opportunities!
This position is responsible for top line revenue attainment including new/existing accounts and lead generation within an assigned multiple hotel portfolio. The position reports to a Director of Field Sales and works as a partner to the General Manager(s) and Regional Vice Presidents of Operations to prioritize hotels in order to impact revenues.
Success is measured by: Budget (Top Line Revenue), new business acquisition, revenue growth for existing accounts, RevPAR and Net Promoter for assigned hotels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete weekly sales calls for assigned hotel portfolio (45 minimum).
- Guidelines: 5 Outside, 30 Prospecting, 2 Sites/Luncheons, 8 Maintenance
- RVP of Operations and Director of Field Sales to prioritize hotel focus based upon market, demand generators, new business opportunities and NPS.
- Interface and communicate with General Managers providing sales support, leadership, sales training/mentoring, strategic account acquisition and development, use of brand resources and market insight to assigned hotels.
- Collaborate with property team to saturate key accounts.
- Accountable for setting sales strategies, listing all sales activities in Salesforce, and guiding hotel General Managers and Sales Coordinators in revenue generating sales activities.
- Implement strategic account management: utilize all available sales resources to develop multiple contacts, research various divisions/departments within an organization for full account qualification.
- Responsible for capturing transient and group business within all segments specific to assigned hotels.
- Ensure all customer inquiries and sales leads are responded to in a timely and efficient manner (24 hours or less).
- Maintain consistent and professional verbal and written communication with clients.
- Conduct onsite and field presentations to prospective clients utilizing approved La Quinta branded client facing resources.
- Partner with revenue management and General Manager(s) to develop and execute strategic sales and revenue business plans to positively affect revenues.
- Monitor H360 reports to assist in identifying opportunities and work to move market share.
- Complete compelling RFP business cases for assigned properties ensuring accurate competitor data, building of local contacts and relationships and open communication with account Global Sales Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of new business opportunities and demand generators for your assigned hotels.
- Network with organizations that will provide information on market trends, lead generation and assist with the development of future opportunities.
- Participate in staff meetings, team huddles and business review calls when applicable.le.
- Participate, educate and promote Everyone Sells within each of the assigned hotels.
- Have an overall knowledge of the brand, our Core Values, key levers and company initiatives.
- Exceed all goals as assigned.
- Monday and Friday to be utilized for administrative tasks and confirming/scheduling appointments.
- Tuesday through Thursday to be visible in the market by prospecting demand generators, executing sales calls, site inspections, and face-to-face collaboration with GM’s.
Sales & Communication:
- Collaborate with Operations Partners to deliver revenue results; build relationships with RVP’s, RRM’s, General Managers, Global Sales and hotel staff.
- Be familiar with competitor brands and selling strategies. Recognize opportunities to move market share from other brands. Be aware of issues that make competitors’ accounts vulnerable (Rates, Service and Product).
- Partner with La Quinta team members to refer leads, deliver proposals/contracts and make a personal call on your behalf when needed.
- Accurately communicate details on accounts to the operating departments as needed.
- Understand the hotel’s operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits.
- Communicate with Revenue Management to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- When requested, participate in the planning and implementation of brand sales policies and programs, concentrated sales efforts, trade shows, corporate meetings and any other event or activity deemed to be in line with the overall goals of La Quinta.
- Utilize brand resources to achieve team objectives (e.g., marketing, operations, etc.).
- Allocate both dedicated and shared sales resources to achieve maximum revenue by focusing efforts on those customers who are the most profitable and the best fit for La Quinta.
- Monitor achievement of objectives and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the strategic plan.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned by Management.
- Adhere to the company core values: People, Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Unique.
- Enter all sales activities in Salesforce: Commit to 100% adoption and updated account information daily.
- Utilize sales reporting and Dashboards in Salesforce.
- Attend scheduled meetings, training webinars and conference calls set by management.
- Monthly one-on-one’s with Director of Field Sales.
- Weekly sales activity update calls with General Manager(s).
- Attend Sales Training as scheduled.
- Observe prime selling time Tuesday through Thursday (9am-12noon & 1pm-4:30pm).
- Understand all components and expectations of Sales Incentive Plan.
- Become proficient with all computer systems and all reporting functions.
- Has managerial skills needed for supervising multiple functions with full responsibility for effective operation and results.
- Makes decisions and final recommendations which routinely affect the activities of a hotel portfolio. Position duties will include responsibility for developing strategic plans for one or more hotels.
- Work is analytical, non-standard and widely varied requiring the interpretation and application of a variety of policies and procedures. Analytic ability and inductive thinking are required for the application of multiple, technical activities. Problem solving involves identification and analysis of diverse issues.
- Makes analytical decisions; supervision is present to establish and review broad objectives relative to basic position duties or responsibilities. Independent judgment is required to study previously established, often partially relevant guidelines; plan for various interrelated activities; and coordinate such activities within a work unit /division or while completing a project.
- Responds to and handles unfamiliar situations with some supervisory guidance.
- Has advanced professional skills at the level of a "seasoned" professional. Requires extensive knowledge of their discipline and a working knowledge of related fields. Understands information in several unrelated professional disciplines.
- Solves problems that require choice of courses of action, which are limited by broad company policy and requires understanding and evaluation of impact upon the organization. The problems may involve exceptional technical difficulty requiring consultation with outside experts. Policy, procedures and precedent are created and/or approved by this position. Solutions affect organization-wide policy or operations.
- Completes work that requires the development of innovative methods, procedures, products or systems. This is a significant part of the job and results generally affect multiple divisions and locations.
- Applies established technology solutions to enhance individual or small work group efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves as a project team member working to achieve defined goals. Work is typical in nature with very few situations requiring new solutions.
- Requires regular contact within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking information on specialized matters.
- Requires regular external contacts to carry out organization programs and to explain specialized matters. Position requires contacts with customers or the public involving persons of some importance on matters requiring explanation and discussion and where the effort to influence becomes important.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years multi-property hotel sales experience or 3-5 years full service hotel sales experience required.
- Multi-property experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate – advanced level knowledge of Excel and Word required
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must have the ability to communicate issues and concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Must have planning and problem solving skills that include the ability to tie strategies and planning actions to results.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources.
- Requires working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign priorities.
- Must have ability to manage the customer decision and relationship process.
- Must be able to scan and assess competitive arena to refine/improve customer value proposition.
- The ability to successfully work in home based atmosphere is required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions of the position are a normal office situation.
- May work alone or closely with others in a team environment.
- Work is completed sitting at a desk or table with intermittently standing and stooping.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying 25 pounds or less.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Requires overnight travel 45% of the time.
- May be required to walk, sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Capable of working flexible hours/days.
- Requires good hearing.
- Requires good near and distant vision.
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Location/Region: Myrtle Beach, SC