CNC Machinist - Multiple Shifts
For over 100 years, we’ve manufactured innovative, battle-proven optics products for the world’s most relentless hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals. We design, build and test our best-in-class products with a single-minded focus - to make sure they’ll perform forever.
At Leupold and Stevens we’re American to the Core and passionate about what we do. We offer a friendly work environment where innovation, quality, and continuous improvement are our priorities, and where your ideas matter. Our benefits package is amazing – affordable health and dental insurance, a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members, a generous tuition reimbursement program, company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account, profit sharing, and product discounts to name a few.
In this role you’ll be part of a team that builds parts for state-of-the-art optics products that truly outperform and outlast anything the competition can offer. You’ll work with cutting edge equipment and be part of a team that works to continuously improve our products, processes and work environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set up and operate INDEX brand lathes
- Perform first article inspections
- Perform Statistical Process Control and maintain processes within targeted levels
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machines
- Train and coach less experience team members
- Complete department paperwork and reporting
- Maintain a safe and clean workplace
Skills and Experience You’ll Need:
- 7 years of experience operating and troubleshooting production machines. Experience with “INDEX” brand machines or Siemens machine controllers is a huge plus.
- 5 years of experience with screw machine or turning center productions.
- Ability to read CAM language.
- Ability to interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (GD&T)
- Advanced math shop skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Familiarity with Microsoft based software.
For details on positions and to apply, go to: www.leupold.com
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select the most qualified candidate for any job openings. Our selection and promotion decisions are made on factors such as demonstrated ability, experience and training without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and be able to provide verification of their status as a Non-Foreign person as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Section 120.14- 120.16.
Location/Region: Beaverton, OR (US - 97005)