Bridge Design Engineer I - Oakland, California Opportunity :
Parsons Corporation has an immediate opening in our Oakland, CA office for an early career to mid-level Bridge Design Engineer
to perform conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments for transportation projects
, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level is experienced in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices. Assignments will often involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Responsibilities
- Typical work may include preparing engineering computations, structural drawings, material quantity takeoffs, estimates and technical reports.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Structural Engineering (or related field) is required, and 3-5 years of related work experience with bridge structural design.
- A Master's Degree in Structural Engineering is preferred !
- EIT Certificate is required.
- Familiarity with the seismic analysis and design of bridges
Skills / Compentencies
Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages such as SAP200, typically associated with engineering design is required.
Location/Region: Oakland, CA