Job Title: Teacher of Visually Impaired (10 month)
Location: Instructional Programs
Min. Salary: Per BTA Contract
Major Responsibilities: Seeking Teacher of the Visually Impaired to provide itinerant instructional support for students with visual impairments, including blindness and other disabilities. Key responsibilities include: Provision of both direct and consultative services to students related to student specific IEP goals. Utilize evidence-based instructional strategies and methods, including differentiation, to meet diverse student needs. Work closely and collaboratively with faculty and staff to ensure they understand the needs of the student and how to implement appropriate accommodations. Conduct functional vision assessments and make appropriate recommendations. Accurately complete all paperwork related to provided services in a timely manner as mandated by NYS and school policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- NYS Teacher Certification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Ability to conduct and interpret functional vision assessments and accurately communicate the results to school personnel and families. Ability to read and teach Braille
- Knowledge of technology to enhance communication and learning
- A commitment to meeting the needs of every student
- A strong belief that all students can succeed
Broome-Tioga BOCES uses two distinct job applications. The correct application is attached to each job posting. When applying for a position, the Position Announcement Number shown below must be clearly marked on the application in order to ensure that you are considered for this vacancy. If you already know which job you are applying for, you may go directly to an application.
Visitors to the Broome Employment Center can receive information about job training and other adult and youth services, including GED, available through Broome-Tioga BOCES.
Location/Region: Binghamton, NY