Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains new and used construction equipment, such as cranes, shovels, conveyors, dozers, loaders, pavers, asphalt plants, rock crushing plants, motor graders, pumps, compressors, rollers, pneumatic tools, excavators, off road trucks, sweepers, distributors, chip spreaders, sandblasters, sand washing equipment, drills, forklifts, scales, and pumps. Rock drills, repair welds on damaged parts and structural members. Performs and completes repairs and rebuilding jobs at company shop(s) or at customer's job site/location, delivering quality work in a safe, efficient, capable manner.Responsibilities:
Skills and abilities required to perform job:
- Operates and inspects new and used machines or equipment to diagnose defects and proper running.
- Dismantles, reassembles and assembles equipment, using micrometers, gauges, and other special tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Reports each service call or repair job upon completion, and at the site, giving the company required Information, also reporting in detail warranty situations.
- Maintains and cleans shop area, shop and field equipment according to company standards, and Accounts for all company tools, manuals and their storage, per inventory policy.
- Adheres to msha and osha regulations at all times and is aware of and exhibits safety precautions on the job.
- Conducts self in professional manner with customers and company associates, willing to impart Knowledge appropriately.
- Performs other service tasks as they may be assigned by the service manager.
This is considered frequent medium to very heavy work in nature with maximum lifting up to 75 lbs. frequent bending, stooping, walking, standing, climbing, crawling, lying, pushing/pulling, handling and more.
Reading, math and language skills are needed on the job. Mechanical aptitude is required with fine motor coordination. Blueprint reading of structural drawings, wiring schematics, word, excel, computer skills, diagnostic runs, be able to source information to do the job, good judgement and be able to make decisions independently. CDL is required, welding certification, MSHA and OSHA preferred but will train the right candidate. Hand tools are required.Benefits:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Short term and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Health and dental
- 401 package
- Sick pay
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA