Research and Activities Assistant
Hearthstone Alzheimer Care is seeking a BA/MA-level candidate to do activity programming and data collection as part of an NIH-funded research study. The study is called HOME 4 CARE (
) and involves the development and testing of a mobile app for persons with dementia. The study is being done in home health and assisted living settings. The Hearthstone Research Office is in Mayfield Heights, but local travel would be required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Please note: this is a contract position with a start date in February/March 2018 and end date in September/October 2018. Employment beyond that date cannot be guaranteed.
- Ability to engage with persons with dementia to do activities in a home environment.
- Completing observations and assessments of home health and assisted living clients in their homes/apartments.
- Training home health workers (HHW) and assisted living facility staff how to use a tablet-based application, troubleshoot issues that arise during visits, and complete surveys with HHW.
- There will be some weeks when the sessions are not run and the employee will have other responsibilities as assigned (e.g., video review, data entry, paperwork, etc.)
- Must express a sincere desire to work with individuals with memory loss
- Must have compassion for participant
- Must possess reliable transportation, clean driving record, and be able to pass a background check.
- Must be willing to complete required staff training
- Prior research experience will be given special consideration
- Prior experience working with persons with Alzheimer’s or related disorders will be given special consideration.
- Persons with activities experience will be given special consideration.
- Persons with experience working with older adults will be given special consideration.
- Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in a social science-related field
To learn more about Hearthstone, visit our website
. To learn more about the research project related to this job description, visit
Qualified Applicants should fill out online application form or send resume to:
Director of Research
Location/Region: Mayfield Heights