Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Loan Conversion Analyst
Are you someone that continuously wants to evolve in a fast-growing IT Financial company? Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Do you like to decipher and correlate details? Would you like to travel around the country? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for an energetic individual to join the FIS Loan Software Implementations Team. Who are we?
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting, and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Ranked #1 in the 2017 IDC FinTech
Rankings. Both the Jacksonville and Orlando offices were named "Best Places to Work" two years running. What is the Job Description?
FIS is looking for an intermediate Loan Conversion Analyst to join our Orlando implementations team. (Candidate may be located in St Petersburg, Jacksonville or Milwaukee.) This position will work closely with customers to understand their business requirements, setup the software product to meet their qualifications, and move accounts from one software to another. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with previous banking experience to contribute new ideas in a team environment and build their career.
This individual will work on our loan area converting various lending applications including: loans, mortgages, credit bureau, collections, and collateral. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating with the customer, analyzing information, and working to determine the most accurate way to move the information. This position works closely with other business analysts and team members to understand and communicate the necessary requirements to meet the customers' needs. The Ideal Candidate:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS.
- Has a minimum 2+ years' experience in loan software implementation or loan servicing, or post-origination experience.
- Hands-on experience in back-office loan operations or software implementation
- Self-driven to meet schedules and project timelines
- Understands the loan terminologies and concepts such as Escrow, repayment schedules, credit bureau, Credit Life Disability, and Accidental Health.
- Technically inclined and comfortable working with programmers and others to troubleshoot issues
- Familiarity with the Lending Regulations, e.g. Reg Z/ HMDA/ RESPA
What can we expect from you?
- Defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be set up to meet client needs.
- Completes product mapping that includes all processing requirements and identifies challenges in converting the customer to FIS systems.
- Gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements and customizations for delivery.
- Details how every field of loan information will be converted and shares data maps with programmers, clients, and others to ensure successful conversion.
- Refines mapping through iterative validation.
- Tests customized software against customer specific needs, shares with customer reports and application specific data that reflects how conversion data will be processed.
- Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- Examines client's processes, forms and reports, and documents what the software will do and provide afer the conversion is complete.
- May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
- Validates data and reports to make sure information is correct. Runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software.
- Coordinates and conducts Integrated Testing with the customer to ensure the customer training, procedures, system, and conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
- Customizes FIS software to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
- Provides expertise to answer questions and guide the client in the use of the system throughout the project.
- Acts as an on-site resource during the live conversion to answers questions, troubleshoots problems, conduct last minute on the job training if necessary, and provide general support.
- Reviews the live conversion and obtains client sign-off.
- Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes, and balancing adjustments.
What you can expect from us?
- You love figuring things out and making recommendations to improve what you/we do
- You understand how loans work, accrue, and process. You learn quickly.
- You have in depth experience in loan modification and servicing of several different loan types.
- You know how to plan your time wisely, work efficiently and hold yourself to a high-quality standard, striving to turn over error free work.
- You take good notes and you are willing to ask for help when needed. This is important!
- You are eager to learn how banks do business…every bank is different!
- You learn in many different ways (watching, reading, practicing, hands on, etc.)
- You love meeting new people
- You like developing new ways to enhance existing processes.
- You can travel up to 40%
- You are looking for a great place to grow your career - we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
Perks & Benefits of Working at FIS:
- At FIS we value new ideas and listen
- We pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment.
- FIS offers an open minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic people.
- We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally.
- As part of our implementations team, you will work with experienced banking professionals to build, test, and convert a variety of information
- We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
- A development path limited only by your desire to learn and your ability to complete quality installations.
- Orlando Campus is located near the RDV Sports Complex (RDV currently offers a discounted membership for FIS employees)
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- Onsite dining options (Nature's Table, Schwab Café and walking distance to many restaurants)
- Onsite gym
- Walking pond on campus
- Flexible work schedule
- A generous paid time off program which increases along with your tenure with the company
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- Tax advantages flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Comprehensive benefits package including: 401K match, ESPP and Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans as well as optional group legal service plan.
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a health advocate program
- tuition reimbursement program for approved courses
- FIS Gives Back Program - Supporting our local community
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL