Essential Job Function:
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons at North Shore Aquatic Center by preventing and responding appropriately to emergencies.
Works under the direct supervision of the Head Lifeguard, Aquatic Center Manager and Parks & Recreation Director.
The employee filling this position is at will, non-exempt.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to fulfill all duties of a trained American Red Cross Lifeguard
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons at the facility,
- Acts immediately and appropriately to provide professional emergency care and treatment in various situations
- Sustains physical fitness consistent with excellent performance in emergency situations
- Exhibits a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Contributes to waterpark and facility cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Requires current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or willingness to obtain certification before beginning employment. Must be 15years or older.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge and skilled application of American Red Cross surveillance and rescue techniques. Knowledge and understanding of CPR and emergency medical procedures. Capable of passing a pre-employment (tryout) physical skills assessment. Punctual, attentive and reliable.
Performs in an outdoor setting in exposure to chlorinated water and various weather conditions, including, but not limited to heat, cold, sun exposure and rain. Tasks require a variety of physical activities that may involve muscular strain, such as running, swimming and lifting heavy objects. Speaking, hearing and seeing are required in the normal course of performing the job. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
Location/Region: Ogden, UT (US - 84414)