The Temporary Program Manager owns and manages client relationships for meetings and events. They are responsible for site recommendation, eRFP development, supplier negotiations, contracting, budgeting, event planning, onsite support, bill review and payment, data entry and savings consolidation. They serve as liaison between the Event Contact and hotel/supplier for the duration of meeting.
Temporary Program Management
- Conduct a kick-off call with the client to determine their meeting needs and desired location and date choices
- Source hotel or venue availability; prepare preliminary rate and availability grids, and preliminary program budgets
- Negotiate and contract hotel/venue space and vendors
- Utilize and leverage Client or BCD M&E preferred hotels and agreements when negotiating hotel contracts as required.
- Ensure proper compilation, execution and retention of all contracts and addendums.
- Request Meeting Card when applicable & process hotel/venue deposit payments if required.
- Working with the meeting contact, select menus, meeting room sets, a/v, offsite venues and transportation as applicable
- Manage room block and rooming lists (if applicable)
- Work with the group air department, as needed
- Prepare Group Resume, distribute & discuss with client before program operation
- Update budget throughout the process and keep client informed on changes
- Maintain a close working relationship with meeting contact throughout the entire planning and execution of the meeting
- Review for accuracy all invoices and make payments on a timely basis
- Responsible for data management, accurate and timely data entry and the integrity of meeting profile information in the clients' chosen meeting technology platform. Update consistently and accurately client technology data base with event metrics in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure. Ensure data integrity is kept.
- Manage day-to-day industry and customer relationships.
- Treat clients, colleagues and suppliers with respect and dignity
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and the client
- Attend supplier educational sessions as required.
- Recommend and utilize client or BCD M&E approved destination management companies (DMC).
- Meet or exceed all contractual SLAs for the account
- Attend all team meetings and provide positive input
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Source hotel options via cvent eRFP for client owned meetings, presenting grid and negotiating
- Execute contract and review all details with client
- Review contracts for "client owned" meetings.
- Must have an extensive working knowledge of New York City hotels, venues and restaurants
- Minimum 5 years meeting planning, hotel sales and/or catering/convention services required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in client management
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing outside vendors, sourcing, negotiating and contracting hotels and other services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in Cvent
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Location/Region: New York