NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Civil Service Title: Computer Systems Manager
Title Code No: 10050
Salary: $55,000 – 65,000
Work location: 1 Centre Street
Division/Work Unit: Information Technology
Number of Positions: 1
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ Information Technology Line of Service (IT) provides technological guidance within the agency by establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals, policies and procedures. IT collaborates and consults with all Lines of Services to exchange information, present new approaches and discuss system changes and enhancements. We seek an iOS developer to work on the development of iOS applications for the agency.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications
programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as
described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
New York City Residency is not required
• 2 or more years of Xamarin development experience
• Design, build and deploy applications for the iOS platform
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
• Write Unit and UI tests to identify bugs and performance issue
• Research and suggest new mobile products, features, and technologies
• Experience building and supporting a cross-platform Xamarin mobile app
• Knowledge of Entity Framework (or similar ORM tooling), C# and LINQ
• Proficient with relational database systems such as SQL Server
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
• Agile/Scrum development practices
• Familiarity with continuous integration using TFS
For current City employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and log into Employee Self Service.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: New York, NY