Application Developer/Deed Restriction
NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Civil Service Title: Computer Systems Manager
Title Code No: 10050
Salary: $92,065 – 127,486
Work location: 1 Centre Street
Division/Work Unit: Information Technology
Number of Positions: 1
Title Classification Field: Competitive
The New York Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) seeks an experienced, talented Application Developer to work on the Deed Restrictions Database. Must have strong web-based enterprise applications and systems administration experience to join the Real Estate Management System (REMS) project within the Information Technology line of service. DCAS acts as the real estate arm for the City of New York. The role of I.T. Business Support is to assist the Real Estate Services group with their technological needs. DCAS currently maintains a real estate database with information on over 140,000 unique properties with many years of data regarding real estate acquisitions & dispositions; lease administrations; lease negotiations; project management; land use reviews; and deed restrictions.
Under the IT leadership, the Deed Restrictions Application Developer, under varying levels of managerial or executive direction, with varying degrees of latitude for independent initiative, judgment and decision, performs difficult and responsible professional managerial work in the planning, organizing and controlling of the overall development and maintenance of the Deed Restrictions database. Candidate is responsible for implementation, maintenance and support of a new deed restriction system and the associated interfaces with the existing mainframe based IPIS legacy real estate application. This new deed restrictions database will developed using Microsoft .net and CRM platform. Candidate will work collaboratively with other teams to develop and maintain new solutions integrating into overall real estate management systems strategy.
• Create project plans, timelines and release schedules
• Manage the development work of internal and external resources to ensure timely system development
• Oversee vendor deliverables and manage invoices and contracting processes
• Provide support and maintenance in troubleshooting and fixing bugs after post go live
• Work with business users and key stakeholders to develop functionality based on requirements and design
• Participate in system design and requirements sessions as needed
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills; Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Engage with project team to gather best practices and guidance from the business team in an effort to integrate and improve methodologies and user experience
• Work independently and productively
• Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, Team Player and Dynamic Thinker
• Strong knowledge of design patterns, software design and software development best practices
• Deep understanding of OOP, OOD, Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design, Design Web-based Applications, Design Service Contracts, Design Data Models, and Hands-on application development
• Experienced in Agile/Scrum Development Methodology
• Expert understanding of web architecture and application servers
• Detailed technical understanding of data and technical database design
• Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 creating data models, performing database optimizations using various techniques like index tuning, writing stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQL scripting
• Develop Ad-hoc reports using SSRS and execute extraction and load scripts using SSIS
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications
programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as
described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
New York City Residency is not required
• Minimum of 5 years hands on experience using C# .Net, ASP.Net, MVC, ADO.Net, Entity Framework, LinQ, Generics to build internet facing web applications
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with TFS for code management
• Experience in object-oriented design and development OOP
• Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Unit Testing
• Experience using Web API and working with Representational State Transfer (REST) web services and designing & developing XML/JSON based schemas for data exchange
• Knowledge of Design Patterns
• Proficient in writing client side web resources utilizing Web API's for extracting records from entities using ODATA filters
• Proficient in writing Asynchronous programming with web services using AJAX and callback functions to extract responses in JSON objects
• Experience in Creating reports MS SQL Server SSRS, Visual Studio, .NET and defining data integration layers using SSIS.
• Experience with Agile (specifically SCRUM methodology) as well as Waterfall models and at least 3 years hands on experience in .Net development.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience configuring and customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 platform
• Experience exposing CRM entities/pages through ADX Studio or .NET application running on IIS
• Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and other performance and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience utilizing SharePoint
• Microsoft Certified Professional is preferred.
For current City employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and log into Employee Self Service.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: New York, NY