SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for pulling parts from the warehouse and seeing that line production workers have the raw materials they need to perform their jobs.
"Must be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. You must have received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccination by your first day of employment, and for two-dose COVID-19 vaccines, you must receive your second dose within thirty days of your first day of employment. Merit will consider exemption requests in accordance with federal, state, and local laws."
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Obtains parts from the warehouse for use in production and verifies the part’s lot number to ensure that the proper materials are used.
- Pulls supplies for assembly workers and ensures that supplies are stocked and readily available for assembly workers.
- Puts the parts in production bins for easy handling by the production workers.
- Performs cycle counts and inventories for raw materials.
- Visually checks to ensure that production workers have the products they need.
- Records the amounts of pulled products.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Three months of work experience.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and the ability to apply it in a work situation.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Three months of previous warehouse experience.
- Production part retrieval/lot number verification
- Material flow/handling
- Raw materials cycle counts/inventory
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world. MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.www.merit.com/careersEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Location/Region: South Jordan, UT