Clinical Staff PharmacistDHS _DH MidtownEvansville, INProfessional/TechnicalFull Time - 80, Day/Eve, variesPosted 04/29/2019Req # 11957
Pharmacy Services and Technology
The Pharmacy provides 24/365 access to pharmacist and pharmacy services. Technology plays an important role in the distribution process within Deaconess. The department strives to provide the most up-to-date equipment to ensure patient and staff safety. Medication distribution uses a combination of centralized and decentralized automation, bar code medication administration and smart pump technology. Patient information is managed through EPIC for both in and outpatients to create a complete medical record. The Pharmacy supports a decentralized patient-centered, integrated model. Pharmacist work more than 70% of their time in a clinical role and the remaining time in some aspect of dispensing.
Summary of the Job
This position has responsibility for providing pharmaceutical care for all patients of the hospital and ambulatory clinics with an emphasis in the oncology infusion pharmacies. This position also has responsibility for demonstrating leadership, immediate oversight and training in the daily activities of the pharmacy department.
1. Assures personal and departmental compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards including ASHP, HFAP, OSHA, ISBOP, ISDOH, FDA, DEA, USP and EPA.
2. Contributes to the quality improvement of the department and /or organization by: Participating on a quality improvement team; Identifying improvement strategies for the department/organization, including potential cost savings.
3. Effectively designs, recommends, monitors and evaluates patient specific pharmacotherapy. This includes providing patient education, responding to drug information requests, attending code blues, providing pharmacokinetic dosing, providing anticoagulation services, rounding with interdisciplinary teams, performing medication reconciliation and providing nutrition support services.
4. Prepares and dispenses medications using appropriate techniques following the health systems policies and procedures, maintaining the health system formulary, understanding the inventory system and maintaining the department systems and records.
5. Contributes to the development of health care professionals or consumers by writing pharmacy newsletters, providing a pharmacy staff competency program, providing a lecture, inservice or presentation annually, conducting a P&T presentation and/or volunteering for a community benefit program.
6. Contributes to the performance improvement of the department by: Acting as a preceptor for students or residents as qualified, and/or Training new staff.
7. Contributes to the financial development of the department and/or organization.
8. Demonstrates immediate oversight and training to technician staff to accomplish the daily operations of the department.
Requirements and Qualifications
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CPR provider certification required for all DAC and MTM clinicians. CACP, BCPS, or BCAPS certification required within 3 years for all DAC pharmacists that meet qualifications for exam. BCPS or BCAPS certification required within 4 years for all MTM pharmacists. BCOP is encouraged for oncology pharmacists.
Education and Experience
Requires a BS or PharmD degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Experience in hospital pharmacy preferred but is not required. Experience with direct supervision preferred but is not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be licensed or qualify for license in the State of Indiana. Employment is contingent upon eligibility and completion of licensure within 45 days of employment.
Must not have any records or convictions involving any form of chemical dependency, felony, or any adverse actions pending by any Board of Pharmacy.
Location/Region: Evansville, IN